Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday February 19

Well I weighed yesterday and it was a big letdown. I only lost 2 pounds. I thought I would have lost at least 5. But nope just 2. My therapist and I talked about it and we decided it is because I am still pretty swollen so must have some water weight in there. I just got off my period so it isn't that. Why is that everytime I go in for surgery the next week I get my period even if I just had it? What a wonky body I have.

I am still not able to eat a whole lot and food just doesn't really interest me a whole lot. I have to remind myself to eat. Although I ate better today. All my frozen meals have been eaten so now I'm going to actually have to cook tomorrow. Unless I just survive on fish sticks and cheddar broccoli rice. I could do it but probably won't.

I did the nose irrigation thingy today and that was so funky I did get a lot of stuff out of my nose though so hopefully this will work and I won't have to go back on an antibiotic. I have already been on 2 rounds of them. I admit though I quit taking the second round when I went into the hospital last week.

I am having to fight the urge to just hop in the car and drive around. I miss driving. I hate having to depend on people to drive me around. I know my mom doesn't mind but it is still annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Just read your post, altho I have already talked about it with you. I think you are right, numbers of pounds aren't the goal. Healthy body is the goal! Are you walking everyday? That will help you heal faster and get back your energy. You didn't say anything about smoking...but with the extra money you save by not smoking you can buy a top and pants each month! Yeah!...new clothes. Keep working on it...you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete