Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday the day before surgery

Well the nerves are starting to set in. I know I have nothing to worry about but I know every surgery is major surgery and the whatif's are starting to rear their ugly head. What if all the food I ate yesterday made me gain too much weight and he cancels the surgery? What if I can't continue to not smoke? What if I look to wierd without a belly button? I know that one is way too wierd but it is something I am wondering about. When I went for my appointment with the doctor he told me that I may come out on the other side of surgery without a belly button. He may not be able to put it back on. Well it's not like I'm going to be wearing a bikini or anything LOL. What if I get another staph infection? That is the main one I am obsessing about. Last time I had major surgery on my belly region I got a staph infection. So that is why I am obsessing about it. The last 2 surgeries I have had on my belly region have ended with me getting a staph infection and they were both so nasty looking and smelling that and it seemed that it took forever for it to heal. The staph I got when I had my gastric bypass took almost 6 months to heal. My scar looks very funky but it is going to go bye bye when they do the surgery tomorrow so I don't have to worry about looking at the funky scar anymore.

So those of you that read this before my surgery pray that I don't get a staph infection again.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, We are so proud of you and accomplishing this goal. We will pray for you at 7:30 AM tomorrow and will keep you in our thought. We will keep in touch with your Mom and Dad to see how things are going. Love you,
    Aunt Annetta and Uncle Tom

    ReplyDelete